Wednesday, August 9, 2017

To Every Season

My eulogy at Mom's funeral (which I will post at a later date) incorporated Ecclesiastes 3.
The flowers for Mom's funeral totally reminded me of that scripture.
Shelly Sarver, our friend and florist, was kind enough to do Mom's flowers.
We used Shelly for our wedding reception flowers and have used her services for other celebratory events.
And now she has done flowers for us for the passing of life.
"There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under Heaven:
A time to be born and a time to die;
A time to plant and a time to uproot;
A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down and a time to build;
A time to weep and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn and a time to dance."
Shelly spent much time with us picking the perfect flowers for this occasion.
I told her that Mom's favorite flowers were peonies and Birds of Paradise, which seemed a very odd combination.
Shelly had a fabulous idea.
She asked me what my sister's, my aunt's, my step-dad's, and my favorite flowers were.
I gave her those flower names, and she incorporated them all into a beautiful work of art.
We were speechless when we saw them.
We wanted to do something special and memorable with the flowers, so we dried them, took the "Mom," "Nana," and "Sister" ribbons from the arrangement and made up these domes for our homes.
We love how these turned out, and I'm so glad we have these to display.

No comments:

Post a Comment